Bugs, Repairs, and Internal Operational News
Please keep in mind that features listed here may not be live on the English Wikipedia yet. Also, in general, features that do not affect the English Wikipedia, such as new extensions that are not enabled here, are not listed.
This page covers revisions up to r20946.
wgAction has been added. The value of this variable is the action from the page's URL, defaulting to "view" when simply viewing an article. (T10421; r20754)
- Users are now warned when uploading an image with an uppercase extension if one with the same lowercase extension exists or if uploading a scaled down version of an existing image. (T5069; r20563)
- The block log will now show expanded text instead of abbreviations for the block flags (i.e. "anonymous users only" instead of "anononly", "account creation disabled" instead of "nocreate", etc.) (r20583)
- If a page is both normally protected and cascade protected, the regular protection message will be shown when attempting to edit the page. (T11401; r20646)
- Special:Renameuser now doesn't allow renaming a user to an invalid username, and does allow renaming a user with an invalid username to a valid one. (T6939; r20841)
- The failed rollback message now parses the edit summary of the most recent edit, instead of displaying raw wikicode. (T11466; r20875)
- The "My contributions" link is now bold when viewing your own contributions. (T6764; r20902)
Internationalization help is always appreciated! See m:Localization statistics for how complete the translations of languages you know are, and post any updates to bugzilla.