ArbCom update

ArbCom elections poll continues during week of little activity

Related articles
ArbCom update

A chat with the elected Arbitrators
6 February 2006

Jimbo Wales appoints 11 arbitrators, increases committee size
23 January 2006

Arbitration Committee elections continue; ArbCom member resigns
16 January 2006

ArbCom candidates (part two)
9 January 2006

ArbCom candidates
2 January 2006

Straw poll closes
19 December 2005

Jimbo starts new poll regarding election
5 December 2005

Last chance to run for ArbCom
28 November 2005

ArbCom voting process
14 November 2005

ArbCom duties and requirements
7 November 2005

A closer look: the calls for reform of the ArbCom
31 October 2005

A look back: the 2004 ArbCom elections
24 October 2005

Current ArbCom members
17 October 2005

Criticism of the ArbCom
10 October 2005

About the Arbitration process
3 October 2005

The history of the Arbitration Committee
26 September 2005

Introduction to a special series: A look at the upcoming Arbitration Committee elections
19 September 2005

More articles

Note: The Signpost special series on the December 2005 Arbitration Committee elections will resume soon.

This week the straw poll regarding the elections process for the December January 2006 ArbCom elections continued. As of press time, approximately 75 percent of Wikipedians giving input on the poll had indicated that they preferred an elected ArbCom, while the other 25 percent preferred an appointed ArbCom.

Discussion was also started on the suitability of a poll for gauging input and its effectiveness, with several users citing the now-famous meta page, Polls Are Evil. However, others disagreed, saying that a poll was a proper way to spark discussion and to estimate community opinions.

There were no changes this week to the candidates list as uncertainty over the elections procedure continued.

+ Add a comment

Discuss this story

To follow comments, add the page to your watchlist. If your comment has not appeared here, you can try purging the cache.
No comments yet. Yours could be the first!


The Signpost · written by many · served by Sinepost V0.9 · 🄯 CC-BY-SA 4.0