Security issue fixed; VisualEditor changes
- Editor's note: the Signpost has arranged to mirror Tech news from the Meta-Wiki to supplement the long-form tech coverage in our infrequent Technology report. Please let us know what you think of this or any of our new features in the comments.
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- There was a security issue on Wikimedia Labs. Many Labs tools were down after the issue was fixed. 
Software changes this week
- The new version of MediaWiki has been on test wikis and MediaWiki.org since January 14. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis from February 3. It will be on all Wikipedias from February 4 (calendar).
- The "Save page" button in the VisualEditor toolbar is now blue rather than green. This is the same as on the mobile site. 
- You can now edit pages on the draft namespace with VisualEditor on the Russian Wikipedia and Hebrew Wikipedia. You can ask to get VisualEditor for a namespace on your wiki. When your community agrees, ask in Phabricator.  
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.