The Report on Lengthy Litigation
The Arbitration Committee closed one case this week, leaving five currently open.
- Prem Rawat: A case involving the actions of editors on Prem Rawat and related articles. Remedies passed placing Prem Rawat and related articles on article probation, and reminding editors on the topic who may have, or may be perceived as having a conflict of interest, to comply with NPOV and conflict of interest policies.
- Giovanni33: A case involving the accusation of sockpuppetry by Giovanni33. Giovanni33 and Rafaelsfingers, who has been labeled as a sockpuppet of Giovanni33 by some, have denied the charges.
- Footnoted quotes: A case involving the use of quotes in footnotes; some users allege that Richard Arthur Norton has been using these quotes excessively, and against consensus. Richard Arthur Norton (1958- ), however, has argued for the quotes, and noted that he's "flexible" regarding specific uses of the quotes.
- Homeopathy: A dispute involving a number of editors over the Homeopathy article. Remedies with the support of four arbitrators include banning DanaUllman for one year, the creation of a "Sourcing Adjudication Board" regarding the inappropriate use of citations, and emphasizing the Committee's ability to issue subsequent sanctions in the case, based on reports of "inappropriate conduct" as judged by the Sourcing Adjudication Board. Two versions of another sanction each have the support of just one arbitrator, allowing administrators to impose sanctions on editors in the dispute.
- Tango: A case involving a controversial block of MONGO by Tango under this finding. Currently, three remedies have been proposed:
- Suspending Tango's use of the blocking tool: Supported 5-2.
- Suspending Tango's adminship for one month: Supported 7-1. This is the only version that currently passes (a majority is seven arbitrators for this case)
- Indefinitely revoking Tango's adminship: Supported 5-2.