Commemorative mosaic started
A project to develop a logo mosaic was started to commemorate the upcoming one millionth file upload on Wikimedia Commons. The mosaic, which will comprise 1200 individual images, will combine to form the logo of the Wikimedia Foundation. People from all projects are invited to help develop the mosaic by placing more images.
Votes to conclude on proposed logos
Voting to choose replacement logos on Wikibooks, Wikiversity, and Wiktionary will close this week, on Tuesday 31 October. The vote concludes the process of choosing new logos for each of the three projects.
- The Occitan Wiktionary has reached 100 entries.
- The Thai Wikipedia has reached 13,000 registered users.
- The Portuguese Wikisource has reached 5,000 text units.
- The Indonesian Wikipedia has reached 40,000 articles.
- The Marathi Wikipedia has reached 36,000 edits.
- The Hungarian Wikipedia has reached 10,000 registered users.
- The Vietnamese Wikisource has reached 50 registered users.
- The Russian Wikipedia has reached 30,000 registered users.
- The Turkish Wikipedia has reached 40,000 registered users.
- The Ligurian Wikipedia has reached 1,000 articles.
- The Wikipedia of Ripuarian languages has reached 5,000 articles.
- The Romanian Wikipedia has reached 40,000 articles.