The Report on Lengthy Litigation
The Arbitration Committee accepted two new cases this week, and closed one case.
- Artaxerex: A case involving alleged POV-pushing, incivility and sockpuppetry by Artaxerex. Artaxerex denied the allegations, and alleged that Shervink and others were focusing on getting him blocked, and that certain editors push an Iranian nationalist POV. As a result of the case, Artaxerex was banned from Wikipedia for one year, and the parties reminded of the need to adhere closely to WP:NPOV.
- Giovanni33-John Smith's: A case regarding actions taken with respect to a block of Giovanni33 in a dispute between him and John Smith's. Kirill Lokshin has proposed remedies restricting the editing of both parties for one year.
- Digwuren: A case involving alleged POV-pushing and incivility by Digwuren and alleged sockpuppets. Kirill Lokshin has proposed remedies banning and restricting the editing of a number of editors. James Forrester has opposed some of the proposals, but a general restriction on editors working on Eastern European-related articles has the support of three arbitrators.
- Bharatveer: A case involving alleged edit-warring, incivility and personal attacks by Bharatveer on India-related articles. Kirill Lokshin has proposed a remedy restricting Bharatveer's editing for one year.
- SevenOfDiamonds: A case involving alleged abusive sockpuppetry and other misconduct by SevenOfDiamonds. SevenOfDiamonds vigorously denies the allegations, and alleges that MONGO has harassed him. Voting on remedies is split.
- The Troubles: A case involving a large number of editors on articles related to The Troubles. Some editors attempted to withdraw from the case when its scope was widened at the request of an arbitrator to cover the entire area rather than only the behaviour of Vintagekits, but in accordance with arbitration policy, these attempts, along with other changes to statements after the case opened, were reverted by the clerk. Remedies placing a group of editors on probation have the support of three arbitrators.
- Attack sites: A case involving disputes over whether the attack sites section of WP:NPA should prohibit links from articles in the mainspace to websites which include pages attacking Wikipedia editors. Voting on most remedies is split, but remedies encouraging the community to develop a policy through consensus have a majority.
- Allegations of apartheid: This case concerns the conduct of various editors in connection with a group of articles whose titles include the words "Allegations of apartheid". It has been alleged that these articles were created in violation of Wikipedia:Do not disrupt Wikipedia to illustrate a point, after several deletion debates concerning Allegations of Israeli apartheid resulted in that article being kept. Issues have also been raised concerning comments made in deletion discussions and reviews. Several users who have created and edited the "Allegations of apartheid" articles have strongly denied any inappropriate conduct. Voting on most proposals is split, but an amnesty for past actions currently has a majority.
Motion to close
- DreamGuy 2: A case involving alleged persistent incivility by DreamGuy. If closed, DreamGuy's editing would be restricted.