Tim Starling announced proposed changes to the blocking mechanism in a wikitech-l post on Monday. The change would allow for the fixing of bug 550, a request to only block anonymous IP edits from blocked IP addresses with an additional option to allow or deny creating accounts from the blocked IP. Brion Vibber said that the change might go live in as little as 24 hours.
- The Icelandic Wikipedia has reached 1,000 registered users.
- The Norwegian Wikibooks has reached 100 Wikibook modules.
- Wikibooks in all languages total 40,000 Wikibook modules.
- The Korean Wikipedia has reached 25,000 articles.
- The Asturian Wikipedia has reached 5,000 articles.
- The Vietnamese Wiktionary has reached 30,000 entries.
- The number of accounts registered on all Wikipedia projects has reached 3 million.
- The total number of images present on all Wikipedia projects has reached 1 million.
- The Esperanto Wikipedia has reached 50,000 articles.
- The Finnish Wikipedia has reached 25,000 registered users.
- The West Flemish Wikipedia has reached 100 articles.
- The Kurdish Wikipedia has reached 3,000 articles and 500 registered users.
- The Chinese Wikipedia has reached 80,000 registered users.
- The Hungarian Wikipedia has reached 35,000 articles and 700,000 page edits.
- The Bengali Wikipedia has reached 3,000 articles.
- The Romanian Wikipedia has reached 15,000 registered users.
- The Vietnamese Wikipedia has reached 9,000 articles with Hai đứa trẻ, which turned out to be a copyright violation.
- The Lombard Wikipedia has reached 500 articles.
- The Nepali Wikipedia has reached 100 articles. Nepali is Wikipedia number 150 to pass this benchmark.
- The Bengali Wikipedia has reached 20,000 page edits.
- The Arabic Wikipedia has reached 20,000 registered users.
- The Malayalam Wikipedia has reached 500 articles and 500 registered users.